This is an analysis of the poem Parables that begins with:
WE clutch our joys as children do their flowers;
We look at them, but scarce believe them ours, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccdXdeeXXffgghhaadX aXiiffjjbbdX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 23,12,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 11111101110 1110110101 11111101101 1111010101 10110011011 11011011101 1011010011 10 10010101 1111010111 0100111101 11010111010 11010011110 1101110111 11010011001 1111001101 1101111111 1111011101 1011110111 1101111001 1111010101 1101010101 11101111110 1111010101 1100010101 10010100111 101000010101 10111100101 0011111111 1111111101 1001110111 1111010101 1101110101 01010100101 10011001110
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 776
- Average number of words per stanza: 138
- Amount of lines: 35
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; their, and, weep are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words we, where, and are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ' is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word ' at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Parables;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.