This is an analysis of the poem My Love Annie that begins with:
SOFT of voice and light of hand
As the fairest in the land-- ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaB cccB aaaB dddB eeeB
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011101 1010001 1110101 1110 1000111 10100111 1110101 1110 1010111 100101 10100100 1110 1000111 11000101 1100101 1110 101100111 1010101 1010111 1110
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 108
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of My Love Annie;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.