This is an analysis of the poem A German Student’s Funeral Hymn that begins with:
WITH steady march across the daisy meadow,
And by the churchyard wall we go; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcc dedecc efefcc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 01010101011 11011111 11010101011 11110111 1111011001 1111011001 01011101010 01010111 11010111110 11000101 1111011001 1111011001 11111101110 11010101 100011101110 11111101 1111011111 1101011001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 261
- Average number of words per stanza: 47
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A German Student’s Funeral Hymn;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.