This is an analysis of the poem The Season of Phantasmal Peace that begins with:
Then all the nations of birds lifted together
the huge net of the shadows of this earth...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcdeeffaga heXcXicdgfhXXXiXbcccccei
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,24,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 110100110010 0110011001 0100001011001 1011001101 0110111101 011011101101 011001110101 011010110111001 11110111001110 1001001001 110100111010 1111110110111 1010101001001 110010111111 01001010101 10011010001 1010110101010 010011001001 00110001 0101 1101110101001 010010111101 11110001010 01010101001 1101101101 10111010101 01011100101 11001001100011 101011010101 01011110101010 1101100101010 01110100101 101010110101 011110011011 111111010101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 872
- Average number of words per stanza: 147
- Amount of lines: 35
- Average number of symbols per line: 49 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Season of Phantasmal Peace;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.