This is an analysis of the poem Love After Love that begins with:
The time will come
when, with elation ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXba cdcX Xcd Xbd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 0101 10010 10110010 111101110 1101101010 11111 101010101111 11111111 00100101111 1111101 101011111 1101100011 010101001 111100010 11111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 135
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; give, you are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Love After Love;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.