This is an analysis of the poem Zeroing In that begins with:
"I am a landscape," he said.
"a landscape and a person walking in that landscape....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme:
- Stanza lengths (in strings):
- Closest metre:
- Сlosest rhyme:
- Сlosest stanza type:
- Guessed form:
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1547
- Average number of words per stanza: 250
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; landscape, of, i, and, my are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Zeroing In;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Denise Levertov
- Analysis of People At Night
- Analysis of The Rainwalkers
- Analysis of Grey Sparrow Addresses The Mind's Ear