This is an analysis of the poem Settling that begins with:
I was welcomed here—clear gold
of late summer, of opening autumn, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXabcbXXbaXcb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 15,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 1110111 0110010010 0110100110101 0100100110001 101011111 1000011000101 01010110 11110 010010111110 01110111101111 0101111110 00111011011010 1001 0100010010 0101101101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 617
- Average number of words per stanza: 109
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, a are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Settling;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.