This is an analysis of the poem Hypocrite Women that begins with:
Hypocrite women, how seldom we speak
of our own doubts, while dubiously ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXX abX cXc Xdd XXX Xca XXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,3,3,3,3,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011011011 01111100 1101001 1011101001 011101101 01101001011 111101101 01111111 11111101 1111110110 1001110 110110 10011 1111100 10110000 10000100 111111 100010111 0101001110 11110110 11
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 100
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 27
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines a is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Hypocrite Women;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Denise Levertov
- Analysis of Sojourns In The Parallel World
- Analysis of The Quest
- Analysis of On A Theme By Thomas Merton