This is an analysis of the poem Clouds that begins with:
The clouds as I see them, rising
urgently, roseate in the ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXb bXc ddXecXXd fXeXdcgfag XceXe edX eafX Xag
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,8,10,5,3,4,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01111010 10010000 1001010 10010110 11100 11 11 10111011 01111 11011111 1110100110 01011001 1110111 110 11101110001 1101010101111 01011001 11100101011 0111110101 01100100101 1001110101 1110110010001 011001010 0111110010 010101101 101010 111 111101001000 11001 011110011 10110100 0100110 1011011010 10110011110 001101 01001 11011110 01010010 0101
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 159
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 46
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Clouds;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Denise Levertov
- Analysis of The Great Black Heron
- Analysis of Hypocrite Women
- Analysis of Sojourns In The Parallel World