This is an analysis of the poem Adam's Complaint that begins with:
no matter what you give them,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abX cdXX cae cde aXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,4,3,3,3,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110 1101110 1101 01 01 1111 110 0101 1010 1101 1101 1111011 111001 110100101 101101 01010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 69
- Average number of words per stanza: 13
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 21 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Adam's Complaint;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.