This is an analysis of the poem A Map Of The Western Part Of The County Of Essex In England that begins with:
Something forgotten for twenty years: though my fathers
and mothers came from Cordova and Vitepsk and Caernarvon, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbcdXaaaeXfXXgadbaaXXaedaXcaaagdXefageXae
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 42,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1001011001110 110101101101100 11110100000101110 1011101101 11101 10111000110 010101011101 10111011011101 1010101001011 101011010101011 01001001001001 1011111001100110 101011010110010 111110111010010100 10111011000010100 00101111110101011 1010100110 1011110101101100 101011101 010101101101 0101 1111101010 1010110101 1111110101001 11010010 10101100110 01011001 0101101101111 1101 10101001100 10101001110 1011001110 11010100101101 1001011110101111 1101111110 1011111111100010 1011100111100 01001100101100110 010011001 1111010010110 1111010 010010011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 2053
- Average number of words per stanza: 361
- Amount of lines: 42
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, me, of, i, with, how are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, all are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines kings is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Map Of The Western Part Of The County Of Essex In England;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.