This is an analysis of the poem O Love, Sweet Animal that begins with:
O Love, dark animal,
With your strangeness go...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabcbadcXadeeabbbbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 19,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111100 01101 110111 011100 011001 10001 101101 111110 11101 010111 110101 0100101 111111 10111 101010 111010 1110010 0111110 111010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 449
- Average number of words per stanza: 88
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of O Love, Sweet Animal;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Delmore Schwartz
- Analysis of Now He Knows All There Is To Know. Now He Is Acquainted With The Day And Night
- Analysis of A Young Child And His Pregnant Mother
- Analysis of Baudelaire