This is an analysis of the poem Ritual One that begins with:
As I enter the theatre the play is going on.
I hear the father say to the son on stage, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcdcceXfcghXcbdgffiadjh Xchfkijgiacbfkid ijl kjekhlXfceh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 24,16,3,11,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11100100010101 11010100111 11001001 010101010 0100101001 11010101111 11100101011 111011100 11111010110010 10111101 01100011 0010010 01111101 101011011 10100101011 111011110 10100111 101101101011 1111111101 111101 1110110101010 00101010111 1110110101 11011 11010010101 111010100101 1011100110 1001001101011 11100010110 11001010101 11011010111001 10111001 1110101 1101001011011 1111011 010111111 11101010111 111111010 11111111 100100100110 110111 11010110101 1111011010001 10110 10100101010001 1111010 00011010110100 01011001001 11101000010011 11011010011111 110101001001 1101011101011 0101001011 11101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 557
- Average number of words per stanza: 109
- Amount of lines: 57
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; my, i, to, and, me are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, i are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ritual One;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.