This is an analysis of the poem Rescue The Dead that begins with:
Finally, to forgo love is to kiss a leaf,
is to let rain fall nakedly upon your head,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXcdXecaf efdc XbXc Xeeb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100001100101 001111000111 000110 0010111010 111 001101010 1010101 00111 101011 101001 01000101 0001010101 01101010 1001 0100111 000101 0010010 111 0100001 1110001 1111 1001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 146
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word is is repeated.
The author used the same word to at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Rescue The Dead;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.