This is an analysis of the poem Salvador Dali that begins with:
The face of the precipice is black with lovers;
The sun above them is a bag of nails; the spring's...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabXcbdX XaaXXX eeaXffdXdac
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,11,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 010010001010 010100010101 11010111 0101001000101 110111111101 01010101111111 001001111010001 1101111111000111 011001010001 101001010 10101001100101 1001011 1101100100 111101010010 0101011110100010 11011101010101 1100010101010001 11110100100101 010100110100010 1011011111111 011100101101 10110101110 10101100100101 1101100111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 320
- Average number of words per stanza: 58
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 52 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, his, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Salvador Dali;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by David Gascoyne
- Analysis of Snow In Europe
- Analysis of The Cage
- Analysis of And The Seventh Dream Is The Dream Of Isis