This is an analysis of the poem To The Art Of Edgar Degas that begins with:
Beachcomber on the shores of tears
Limning the gestures of defeat...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd eded fefe agag hihi jgjg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11010101 10010001 01011101 010101001 110010101 011101001 01011001 11001101 01110101 010000101 10110101 111000101 11110111 10100001 11110001 01111101 111110111 0111010001 001111001 11010111 01111101 01010001 110010101 01110101 11110111 11010101 010010101 11110101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 138
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, to are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To The Art Of Edgar Degas;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.