This is an analysis of the poem Childhood that begins with:
Childhood, sweet and sunny childhood,
With its careless, thoughtless air,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd eded fXgg fhfh iiii fjfj haha didi agXg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111011 0010101 10101011 1010101 10101011 1011101 10101011 1010001 11101010 1010101 10101010 1110101 10100010 1000101 10111010 1010100 11101010 1011101 10101110 1011101 10111010 1010101 10101010 1010001 11101010 1001101 10011010 1010101 11001010 1010001 10101010 0010101 11001010 1110101 10001010 1010001 10111110 1010101 11100010 1111101
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 135
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; it, never are repeated.
The author used the same word childhood at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Childhood;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.