This is an analysis of the poem To Thomas Woolner that begins with:
First Snow, February
WOOLNER, to-night it snows for the first time. ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abccXXddbefeefa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 15,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 111010 1001011011 1111011001 1111110111 1100011001 1111110111 1111110101 1101011001 1110111101 1011111101 0111010001 1100011101 0101111111 1011010111 1111111100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 659
- Average number of words per stanza: 123
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To Thomas Woolner;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.