This is an analysis of the poem There Is A Poor Sneak Called Rossetti that begins with:
There is a poor sneak called Rossetti
As a painter with many kicks met he... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbba
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: limerick
- Metre: 100111010 1010010111 01101 10111 111010010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 149
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 5
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of There Is A Poor Sneak Called Rossetti;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Analysis of The Passover In The Holy Family (For A Drawing)
- Analysis of The Seed Of David (For A Picture)
- Analysis of The Turning-Point