This is an analysis of the poem The House Of The Life: The Kiss that begins with:
What smouldering senses in death's sick delay
Or seizure of malign vicissitude ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaabba caaccX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 11001001101 1100011100 11010010101 0101010101 11101110101 01111100101 110010011111 01110010111 1101010101 11011110111 0101010111 0111111101 11111100101 1001100100100
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 309
- Average number of words per stanza: 56
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, when are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word a is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The House Of The Life: The Kiss;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Analysis of Pride Of Youth
- Analysis of The Kiss
- Analysis of On The Road To Waterloo: 17 October (En Vigilante, 2 Hours)