This is an analysis of the poem The House Of The Life: Silent Noon that begins with:
Your hands lie open in the long fresh grass, --
The finger-points look through like rosy blooms: ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXaabba ccdXXd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1111000111 0101111101 1111010111 11001110101 1111110111 1101010101 1011010111 110010110101 1001110101 1101110001 101100101001 1110111101 0110000010010 1111010101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 335
- Average number of words per stanza: 58
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 47 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The House Of The Life: Silent Noon;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Analysis of The House Of The Life: 19. Silent Noon
- Analysis of The House Of The Life (19): Silent Noon
- Analysis of The House Of Life: The Sonnet