This is an analysis of the poem The Day-Dream that begins with:
THE thronged boughs of the shadowy sycamore
Still bear young leaflets half the summer through;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaabbaXXcddc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 01100100101 1111010101 01010101001 1111100101 010001010111 1101010111 1101011111 11010011101 0101010100 110101110110 1101011101 1111110101 1111100101 1001010001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 648
- Average number of words per stanza: 108
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of The Day-Dream;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.