This is an analysis of the poem Sunset Wings that begins with:
TO-NIGHT this sunset spreads two golden wings
Cleaving the western sky;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXabbXbbXacaacdeddefgffgdbddb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 30,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101111101 100101 1101001100 01100111001 0100111 11010010101 0101001 1101011101 11001110111 1101001 11110100101 110101 1111010001 1111011011 010101 101110010101 0100101 0011111011 11011100001 111111 110100101000 010111 1101110101 1001110111 111111 011101101001 111101 1011111101 1101110101 101101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1144
- Average number of words per stanza: 211
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sunset Wings;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.