This is an analysis of the poem Sonnet Xciv: Michelangelo 's Kiss that begins with:
Great Michelangelo, with age grown bleak
And uttermost labours, having once o'ersaid... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbaabbacddcee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: Shakespearean sonnet
- Metre: 1101010111 110010101100 11010010111 0101011111 110100111001 11101100101 01110010101 0111110111 11000011101 01010010101 1011110101 11001010001 0111100110 1110110111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 625
- Average number of words per stanza: 108
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonnet Xciv: Michelangelo 's Kiss;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.