This is an analysis of the poem Penumbra that begins with:
I DID not look upon her eyes,
(Though scarcely seen, with no surprise, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbbccbbbddeeedafffgXhhXiiggX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 30,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10110101 11010101 11010101 01111101 11010111 10110101 11010101 01011111 01011101 10110111 10110001 11110111 11010100 01110111 0011110 10110111 10010101 11110111 01010111 11111101 11111111 110011110 10110100 11111100 11101111 11010011 110101001 01110101 101100111 11110100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1092
- Average number of words per stanza: 204
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Penumbra;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Analysis of Sonnet Lxxxiv: Farewell To The Glen
- Analysis of Raleigh’s Cell In The Tower
- Analysis of La Ricordanza