This is an analysis of the poem Even So that begins with:
So it is, my dear.
All such things touch secret strings... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AbaACXcCcbbccdXddEXeE
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 21,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10011 1111101 110101 10011 10101 1110111 11111 10101 10111 1110011 1011111 111110 10111 10101 11111111 111101 111101 11011 10101101 111111 11011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 546
- Average number of words per stanza: 112
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Even So;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.