This is an analysis of the poem Astarte Syriaca that begins with:
MYSTERY: lo! betwixt the sun and moon
Astarte of the Syrians: Venus Queen ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaaaaaabccbbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1001010111 1000100101 1101010101 01110101001 01100101110 10011001011 11011101111 010100101001 1100110001 11001010111 0100010100 1101110001 1001001100 0101110100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 591
- Average number of words per stanza: 99
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Astarte Syriaca;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Analysis of Sonnet Xcv: The Vase Of Life
- Analysis of Cassandra
- Analysis of Sonnett Vi: A Nuptial Sleep