This is an analysis of the poem Another Love that begins with:
OF her I thought who now is gone so far:
And, the thought passing over, to fall thence ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaabbacdbcdb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 0011110111 1011010011 1101010001 100100100111 1101110101 1011110101 1100110101 1001111101 1111111110 1111010101 1100111111 1111010111 1111111110 1111010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 648
- Average number of words per stanza: 124
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, your are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Another Love;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.