This is an analysis of the poem A Death-Parting that begins with:
LEAVES and rain and the days of the year,
(Water-willow and wellaway) ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaaBcdccDcbccBbdbbDaXaaB
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 25,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 111101001 10111100 11111111 11011111 0011111 11110101 010110101 001100101 01011101 0011111 110111101 011110101 111111001 111011101 0011111 11111001 011100101 111111101 11111101 0011111 111101001 10111100 11111111 11011111 0011111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 941
- Average number of words per stanza: 185
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Death-Parting;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.