This is an analysis of the poem Death, Always cruel that begins with:
Death, always cruel, Pity's foe in chief,
Mother who brought forth grief,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbXa ccdXdX effg ghheXe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,4,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111010101 101111 1001010101 1101111101 010110 1110010101 1111111101 1001101 1011001100 11101111000 111111 0011110101 10011110100 1101010101 110111 0101001111 1111111101 11010011010 1001110 1101010100 01011010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 157
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Death, Always cruel;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.