This is an analysis of the poem Guide To The Other Gallery that begins with:
This is the hall of broken limbs
Where splintered marble athletes lie...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXb acac dede cdcd fbfb fgfg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 00010101 11010111 01010100 10010101 11011101 11110111 11011101 11110101 11010001 11111111 11011101 01000101 11010011 10010101 10010101 11110111 11100101 11111111 101001001 01011111 11011111 01110101 11110011 01010011
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 138
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Guide To The Other Gallery;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.