This is an analysis of the poem Still Falls The Rain that begins with:
Still falls the Rain---
Dark as the world of man, black as our loss---...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AbXb Acc XA aa Abbba Addeefcf AXXX caa aaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,3,2,2,5,8,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1101 1101011111 11011101101 0101 1101 00110100110100101 00101101000101 101 1101 001011011110101 10011100101 1101 101001110101 1111111111011 1111100 100101101111 1101 11010011101 1100111100111 0111 00110101001100001 0100101 01110110101 101010100101 1101 1111101111011 111111000100 01001110101 1001000101 1101000111001 110101 110101110101 1101101111 10111111100111110
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 171
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 34
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; as, on, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words still, the are repeated.
The author used the same word still at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Still Falls The Rain;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.