This is an analysis of the poem Portrait Of A Barmaid that begins with:
Metallic waves of people jar
Through crackling green toward the bar...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aa bb cc dd bb ee ff XX bb Xf gg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010101 11010101 110101001 01110001 11010101 11010011 01111101 10010011 01010111 11010101 01110100 11010100 11010101 01111111 01110101 01010000 11011101 11011101 01000100 01110001 11111101 01001111
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 68
- Average number of words per stanza: 11
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Portrait Of A Barmaid;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.