This is an analysis of the poem Eventail that begins with:
Closes her slanting eyes:...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabbaaccddeeccXXaaffeeccXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 26,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101000 100101 101101 001101 1011010 101110 110101 101111 101101 100101 1111001 101111 100111 101111 111101 111101 1010110 101110 100101 101101 100100 110011 111101 101101 10110 110010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 695
- Average number of words per stanza: 119
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; as is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Eventail;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.