This is an analysis of the poem Love's Reality that begins with:
I walk, I trust, with open eyes;
I've travelled half my worldly course; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcdeeeefgfg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11110101 11011101 10010111 11001101 11011111 10111111 11110101 111100001 11011101 11010101 01000111 010001001 11010111 11010101 01010111 01010111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 571
- Average number of words per stanza: 103
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; my is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Love's Reality;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.