This is an analysis of the poem Craftsmen Of Wine Bowls that begins with:
On this wine bowl—pure silver,
made for the house of Herakleidis,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXaXabbXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011110 110101000 101001 10110100101 001011010011 10010111100 0010110011 110111010 01111010101 011010001 1010111101 11101000011010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 476
- Average number of words per stanza: 90
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Craftsmen Of Wine Bowls;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Constantine P. Cavafy
- Analysis of Of The Shop
- Analysis of Those Who Fought For The Achaean League
- Analysis of Tomb Of Iases