This is an analysis of the poem Amaryllis that begins with:
A flower needs to be this size
to conceal the winter window,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbcc XdXXb XcXXX eXade
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010001 00101010 101001 00100011 00111111 101001010001 10101 11011 110111 010011011 11111001 1101110 101010101 11110000 010111 11111 11010011010 000101011 01011 100101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 145
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Amaryllis;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.