This is an analysis of the poem The Mean Husband that begins with:
Thin cloth of dolichos supplies the shoes,
In which some have to brave the frost and cold....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabaaa cbcbdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1101000101 0111010111 0111010111 0101101101 0101011101 1011010101 1001110101 0101011101 01001010101 0111110001 11111011101 1001010101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 265
- Average number of words per stanza: 50
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; he, his are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Mean Husband;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.