This is an analysis of the poem Sketch of the woman of the future that begins with:
Standing tall in the mud.
Not like the flower's stalk...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbcXd edfga XhieXb iffd bjhhgb ihgf fXcj hXi
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,5,6,4,6,4,4,3,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101001 110101 1101010 11110 10111 111 1001111 010011 000101 0100101 0101 1011001 0100100010 1000010 1001010010 1111100 111010 010010101 10010100 1001 111000111 100010 0010001110 111011010 1 00110 110110101010 0101 010011111 110011 1010110011011010 101001 100101 100111 0110000100 111001 1101001 111100
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 134
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 38
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; more, her, of, that are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word nor is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sketch of the woman of the future;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.