This is an analysis of the poem Home Thoughts that begins with:
Oh something just now must be happening there!
That suddenly and quiveringly here, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccddbbeeeeff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 11011101001 1100110001 0101010111 01010100101 11001010101 0111010001 1101000101 0111010101 1101010101 0110010101 1101110111 1001011101 1110110101 1001010111 00111111000 110100101001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 705
- Average number of words per stanza: 117
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Home Thoughts;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Claude McKay
- Analysis of Rest In Peace
- Analysis of The Spanish Needle
- Analysis of Alfonso, Dressing To Wait At Table