This is an analysis of the poem White Death that begins with:
Methought the world was bound with final frost:
The sun, made hueless as with fear and awe,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXaab XXcbXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1001110101 0111010111 0101010111 1111010101 1110010110 1101010111 110100010001 0101011001 1101010100 100011000 1000111111 11100011101 0101000100 1101010011
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 298
- Average number of words per stanza: 49
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; with is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of White Death;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.