This is an analysis of the poem The Last Goddess that begins with:
To laud the loves of old,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a bcdacdbaeefdXfdfff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,18,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010 010101 1111010011 0101011010 010111 0011000101 0101010 100101 11110011 01000111 1011000101 0111010101 11101101 0101010100 1101 10011011101 111101 010101 01010010011
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 303
- Average number of words per stanza: 58
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Last Goddess;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.