This is an analysis of the poem Sufficiency that begins with:
To house our happy love
We long for an alcove...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXXbbcc cddeefggf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 011101 111111 10001010100 110100110 110001 11010010001 1101011101 010101 11 0011010101 1111010111 010101 1111010101 1111010101 0100110 1111110 111111
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 265
- Average number of words per stanza: 50
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sufficiency;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.