This is an analysis of the poem Requiescat In Pace (M.L.M.) that begins with:
White iris on thy bier,
With the white rose, we strew,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABBC Xddc ceef cggf XhhX dgga XiiXXABBC
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110111 001111 110111 11110101101 101111 001101 110111 0101011001 100101 111101 101101 01010101001 100101 010101 1101111 0111010001 1001010 110111 1111001 0101010011 100101 0100111 010111 01010010101 100111 011101 111001 1101101101 110111 001111 110111 11110101101
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 121
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Requiescat In Pace (M.L.M.);
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.