This is an analysis of the poem Copan that begins with:
Around its walls the forests of the west
Gloom, as about some mystery's final pale...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbXabbX XaXcXXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,7,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 0101010001 11011100101 11010001001 10011101000 01010110001 0101110101 1011010101 01110100100 0101100101 1101010111 110101010 1 11001101111 01010101100 1101010111
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 299
- Average number of words per stanza: 52
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Copan;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.