This is an analysis of the poem Bond that begins with:
By the red seal redoubled of that kiss
When thy lips parted softly to my own...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abX bcb cac XXX dbd XebXe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,3,3,5,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1011010011 1111010011 1011011000 1101010011 011100101 1011110101 1111001101 010010010101 11110100111 01010010101 11001010100 11111000101 1011010100 1011010101 0101001100 10111101100 1011111111 1111111111 1011111101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 110
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, by are repeated.
The author used the same word by at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Bond;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.