This is an analysis of the poem Avowal that begins with:
Whatever alien fruits and changeling faces
And pleasances of mutable perfume...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXaaXba aXcXXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1101001110010 1100010001 0100010110 010110101110 010001000010 1101101101 0111010101 11010111010 1101001101 11010101000 1101011001 11111001110 1001011000 1101100101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 299
- Average number of words per stanza: 49
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Avowal;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.