This is an analysis of the poem Alternative that begins with:
Who turns him from his earthly love
Must other lovers meet and prove:...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabccXb ddeddXe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic tetrameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 11100101 11010111 11010101 00010101 11110101 0111010 11000101 11110101 110100101 110100101 01111101 010100111 1111110 010100101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 240
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Alternative;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.