This is an analysis of the poem A Song From Hell that begins with:
This song I got me from the nether pits,
Where, as a witches' cauldron-brew, that blends...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbdXabda Xece fgfg dhdh gggg gdgd ijji akka lmml gccg bXbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 0111100101 1101010111 10001111001 0101010101 110011101001 1011011100 1111010001 10001011101 0111111001 1001010101 11010111 11110101 11110111 11010101 11010101 11110011 11111001 11010101 00101101 11010101 0100100001 11111101 11110101 01010001 01010001 01010101 1101001 11110101 0101011 00110001 11110101 10110101 11010101 01010101 11000111 01110001 01011101 11110101 11110101 01011101 111101001 01011101 11111101 01111101 11010111 01000100 100001001 010010101 100010111 11001001
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 169
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 50
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; with, and, to are repeated.
The author used the same word ah at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Song From Hell;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.