This is an analysis of the poem You And I that begins with:
They say the eagle is a bird
That sees some splendid sights... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbadXb caXaEada ceXedXdd cfffEdcd cgegghfh bhXhXibi
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010001 111101 11110001 010101 110111001 1111010 11110101 1101010 11111101 010101 01101100 111101 10111111 110101 01011111 110101 11010001 010001 110110011 111111 01010101 0101010 11011101 1101010 11111101 1100010 01100101 0101010 10111111 1101110 11110111 0111110 11011101 0101010 11011101 0111101 11111111 1011110 11011111 1101010 01010101 1111110 11111001 1011010 10110101 110101 11011101 110111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 256
- Average number of words per stanza: 48
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; they, we are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of You And I;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.